Applied Mechanics and Impact Engineering
Material Deformation and Structural Stress Analysis
Fatigue, Fracture and Impact Analysis of Composite Materials
Safety-Assurance Optimum Design of Machine Systems and
Impact Behavior of Brittle Materials
Ph.D., University of Alabama, U.S.A., 1985
1. M.S. Kim, H.S. Shin, H.C. Lee and H.J. Kim, "Effects of Impact Angle on Cone Crack Formation in Impact-Loaded Soda-Lime Glass," Key Engineering Materials, Vols. 261-263, pp.319-324, 2004
2. M.S. Kim, K.C. Choi, Ch. Kim and C.W. Park "The development of an automated process planning and die design system for multi former-bolt products.", The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. Vol.24, pp.288-297, 2004
3. Moon Saeng Kim, Hyung seop Shin and Hyeon Chul Lee, "The Effects of Back Plate materials on perfect cone formation in Impact loaded Soda-lime glass." International Journal of Impact Engineering, Vol.28, pp.281-290, 2003. 3
4. M.S.Kim, J.C.Choi, Y.H.Kim, K.j.Huh, Chul Kim, "An Automated Process Planning and Die Design System for Quasi-axisymmetric Cold Forging Product." International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Vol.20, pp.201-213, 2002
5. Shin, H. S., Lee, H. M., and Kim, M. S., "Impact Tensile Behavior of 9% Nickel Steel at Low Temperature," International Journal of Impact Engineering, Vol. 24, No. 6-7, pp. 571-581, 2000.
6. Kim, M. S., and Shin, H. S., "Effects of Pad Material on Fretting Fatigue Behavior in CFRP Laminates," Key Engineering Materials, Vol. 183-187, pp. 915-920, 2000.
7. Shin, H. S., Kim, M. S., and Oh, S. Y., "Investigation of Fracture Behavior in Brittle Material Plates by Long Bar Impact," Proceedings of the SEM IX International Congress on Experimental Mechanics, pp. 711-714, 2000.
8. Kim, M. S., "Fretting Fatigue Behavior of Carbone Fiber-Reinforced Epoxy Laminate," Journal of Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers, Vol. 22, No. 10, pp. 1833-1839, 1998.
9. Kim, M. S., et al., "Hertzian Cone Crack Formation in Brittle Materials by Oblique Impact," Proceedings of 2nd ISIE, pp. 301-309, 1996.
The Manager of Pusan Branch in KSME. (2004-2005)
Managing Director, Institute for National Project Operation, P.N.U. (1996-1997)
Associate Dean of Student Affairs, Pusan National University. (1993-1995)
Section Chief of Student Affairs, College of Engineering, P.N.U. (1991-1993)
Visiting Professor, Tohoku University, Japan. (1988-1989)
Lecturer, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Professor, School of Mechanical Engineering, P.N.U. (1978-Present)
Professional Societies & Activities
Member, ASME, KSPE, KSME
Honors and Awards
International Joint Research & Activities